Duration: 5 days / 4 nights
Minimum Group: 4 people
Route: El Vigia- Mérida- El Páramo- Mérida- Los Pueblos Del Sur- Mérida- El Vigia
This 5 day and 4 night package is the perfect opportunity to get to see the most famous tourist destination in Venesuela: Mérida. It is designed specifically for any type of person, be they elderly, teenager, families, groups of friends or workmates. The beautiful landscapes of Mérida will amaze everyone!
Mérida, ‘the city of gentlemen’ is the ideal retreat to relax in the cool Andean climate, and to appreciate the culture, the way of life, and the friendliness of the Andean people. Located in a beautiful valley, with views of the glaciers of Pico Bolivar from the city, Mérida is full of good restaurants, museums, and only a short trip away in any direction you will find yourself in forests, rivers, and waterfalls.
During your stay in Mérida, we will take you out to get to know the highest zone of the State, known as The Páramo (the highlands), where you can find famous landmarks such as Pico El Aguila, the Stone Chapel, villages such as Mucuchíes, Mucurubá, Tabay, the highest village of Venezuela, Apartaderos, as well as the lakes Mucubají and Negra, which are the entrance points to the National Park Sierra Nevada. You will have plenty of opportunity to enjoy the gorgeous Andean landscapes by reaching 4100m of altitude, as well as swimming in the highest hot springs in Venezuela, at 3,200m in the Musui.
Similarly, as part of your visit to Mérida, we will take you to the area known as the Pueblos del Sur (Villages of the South), to the ancient village of San Jose, in a one day trip. In San Jose you will have the opportunity to see the quaint architecture of the zone, a trout farm where you will be able to fish and eat your own trout, the historical church, and the main Bolivar Square, all of which are full of Andean tradition. We will also take you on this trip to the villages of San Juan, the location of the initial founding of the city of Mérida, and Lagunillas, where you will find the mysterious Urao Lagoon.
During your 5 days, we include a free day in the itinerary, so that you can take advantage and see some of the sights of the city of Mérida, such as the Botanical Garden, the Museum of Science and Technology, the highest Teleferico (Cable Car) in the world, and also buy some souvenirs for the family in the marvelous Mercado Principal (main market). For those who have a more adventurous spirit, we can organize some additional activities on this day, such as paragliding, canyoning, mountain biking, or a short walk.
As a long weekend, work holidays, or to celebrate a birthday or graduation, this short visit to Mérida will leave you feeling relaxed, joyful, and wanting to return!
El Páramo (the Highland)
The National Park Sierra Nevada
Los Pueblos del Sur (the Villages of the South)
- Andean culture
The city of Mérida
The Hot Springs of La Musui
- Day 1-Transit to the Andean city of Mérida, considered the most beautiful in the country, and at an altitude of 1700m. Accommodation in a 4* hotel in the center of the city.
- Day 2– After breakfast, we leave to the highlands (El Paramo) to visit the amazing landmarks of the Mucubaji Lake, Pico El Aguila, the hot springs of the Musui, Negra Lake, the Stone Chapel, the Perro Nevado monument, the Loca Luz Caraballo monument and more. We return to the city of Mérida in the evening.
- Day 3- Free day in the city of Mérida. You can see more of this beautiful city and its historic center. Optional activities can be arranged such as paragliding, walks, mountain biking, or canyoning.
- Day 4- After breakfast, we leave towards the village of San Jose, passing through San Juan, Lagunillas, the Urao Lagoon, Las Gonzales, a trout farm, and some shops of typical handicrafts from the zone. We return to the hotel in the evening.
- Day 5- The last day! Time to say goodbye to Mérida, before starting your journey home.
Included in the package:
- Accommodation for the 4 nights in a 4* hotel.
- Transport during your stay, and transits to and from the airport of El Vigia or Mérida airport. If you require transits from further away, this can be organized.
- With regards to the meals, included are 4 breakfast during the 5 days. Apart from these, your guide can recommend where you can try the local food in good restaurants.
- All of the mentioned activities.
Not included in the package:
- Airport taxes
- Any additional activities which you may wish to do in the 10 days (such as snorkeling, paragliding, etc)
- This tour is available all year round, with a minimum of 4 people. Some modifications made need to be made depending on specific conditions of the dates (for example, over Christmas or public holidays), but wherever possible we aim to stick to the itinerary explained here. However in general it is necessary to be flexible as tourist here in Venezuela.
- No special equipment is needed for this trip. A list of equipment will be sent to you by email on confirmation.
- Please inform us at the point of conformation about any food allergies, vegetarians, or any physical disabilities within the group.