Duration: 1 day
Minimum group: 1
Canyoning is a full day activity in the mountains of Merida that leaves everyday at 8.30am. After a short drive and short walk to the River Santa Catalina, the group follows the river downstream, kitted out in wetsuit and helmet.
The journey starts with simple river walking, and progresses to small jumps into natural pools. There are 3 main waterfalls for which you will need to connect yourself up to the ropes and listen to the instruction of the guides as they teach you the technique to abseil down the waterfalls. The first waterfall is small, the second large, and the third gigantic, at nearly 30 meters of height!
Set in a beautiful surrounds, with views across the valley of Merida, this is a demanding activity, but one that is open to all shapes and sizes, as you as you have decent health and don’t mind coming back tired!
- Transport to and from Mérida
- Professionally trained guides
- All technical equipment (helmets, wetsuits etc)
- Light clothes to wear under the wetsuit
- Warm clothes for afterwards
- Shoes with good grip, that can get wet